We intend to provide a training session with new user while physical distancing is maintained.
- For optical microscopy training, BIF staff connects with new user remotely on Zoom to show how to operate the microscope. After the Zoom session, the user can come to use the microscope at the BIF. BIF staff will be at his office to help the user remotely using Remote Desktop function.
- For SEM and TEM, training remotely is not possible due to the lack of Remote Desktop function in Windows XP system. BIF staff will keep a physical distance while training.
- For the sample preparation and microtome training, BIF staff will keep a physical distance while training.
- When training is required that can not be performed with physical distancing, we will follow the regulations for close-up training activities as outlined in the Faculty of Science plan Appendix 2.
“When 2 research personnel need to work in close proximity where physical distancing is not possible, the overarching objective of keeping exposure to individuals outside of your household as low as reasonably achievable remains by organizing tasks and work environments to minimize the duration spent in close proximity. In addition to standard controls, it is recommended that the researchers wear an approved face shield and, if available, a disposable surgical mask. If such masks are not available, individuals may choose to wear a disposable non medical mask as an additional measure.”
- Training contents will be available on the BIF Canvas online training site. Please contact Miki for more information.
- BIF staff can perform preliminary experiments for users.
Training contents will be available on the BIF Canvas online training site. Please contact Miki (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. BIF staff can perform preliminary experiments for users.
We accept project/sample on a first-come, first-serve basis. Depending on the facility occupancy, some delays may be expected.
If you are an academic user, please fill in and submit the Service/Training Enquiry Form available at the bottom of this page. Miki Fujita, BIF Research Manager, will arrange a meeting with you and the BIF staff to learn more about your samples and timeline and to schedule the imaging sessions.
For pricing information, please contact Miki for a quote or visit our Pricing page.
If you are an Industry Client, please visit the Industry Client page.