Immunogold TEM is a technique used to examine the localization of proteins/molecules of interest labelled with colloidal gold-conjugated antibodies.
Hitachi H7600 TEM
FEI Tecnai G2 Twin TEM
Leica EM IGL Immunogold labelling system
1. Fixation: Cryo-fixation or Chemical fixation using aldehyde fixatives
3. Infiltration/embedding in Hydrophilic LR White or HM20 resin
4. Ultramicrotome sectioning
5. Antibody incubation for Immunolabelling
6. Grid Staining with uranyl acetate and lead citrate
7. TEM imaging
Meents MJ., Motani S., Mansfield, SD., Samuels AL. (2019). Organization of Xylan Production in the Golgi During Secondary Cell Wall Biosynthesis. Plant Physiology 181, 2.