Updated on May 1st, 2022
Note: If you have any concerns, contact Miki Fujita, BIF research manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. The facility is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
* Only experienced users are permitted to use the BIF outside the business hours. Please ask BIF staff if you have any questions.
A. Booking of equipment
Trained users can book the equipment using the online booking calendar.
B. Cancellation of your appointment
Trained users can edit or delete their booked session if the session is more than 24 hours of the scheduled time. For editing and cancelling the session within 24 hrs of the scheduled time, please contact BIF staff to make changes or cancel your session. A penalty fee will be charged depending on the time cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled time. Please read the BIF policies for more detail information (https://www.bioimaging.ubc.ca/about/bif-policies/).
C. Billing log computer
All users are required to enter their billing items (hours of equipment usage, sample preparation, and consumables) in our billing log computer after their sessions.
If the booked session is not logged by the user in the billing computer, the user will be billed for the entire reservation time plus an additional administrative fee. Please read the BIF policies for the additional information (https://www.bioimaging.ubc.ca/about/bif-policies/).
2. Protective measures must be used all the time in the facility.
- Everyone is expected to check for symptoms every day before going onto campus. Anyone with cold-like symptoms or other symptoms of COVID should not come to work. However, there is no longer a requirement for you to record that you have completed the daily self assessment. There is a UBC Safe Vancouver app (https://srs.ubc.ca/health-safety/ubc-safe-vancouver-app/) or the BC CDC site (https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en) for help with this assessment.
- Masks are expected and appreciated in the facility.
- To access BIF, use the main entrance and stairwell 10 at the west end of north wing BioSci Bldg. The facility is located at the basement of the north wing. An elevator is located at the middle of hallway.
- Wash hands/gloved hands with soap between work stations. BIF Hand Wash Stations are located in Rm 0129, 0131, 0141, 0144.
- Before leaving the station, wipe out all touched surfaces with alcohol.
4. We provide a training session with new user.
Please submit the training and service request form from our website.
5. BIF accepts new project/sample for imaging service.
BIF will accept project/sample on a first-come, first-serve basis, but depending on the facility occupancy, some delays may be expected.
Please submit the training and service request form from our webpage.